WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOUR VISIT
- Upon arrival, check in using the iPad at the kiosk. You will then be called back to register.
- We follow all cleaning and sanitation guidelines put forth by the CDC, which requires extra time for exam room preparation.
- If you are here for a COVID test, please allow an hour for your appointment to allow for processing time of your test and clinical evaluation. Test results will take 48-72 hours to come back.
To Get a COVID-19 Test:
A provider (MD or PA/NP) visit at one of our four Urgent Care locations is REQUIRED in order to have a COVID test due to exposure or symptoms. COVID testing is available on a walk-in basis but requires an order from your PCP, including a test for travel purposes.
It is the responsibility of the patient to check with their insurance company and verify whether or not the cost of the test will be covered. If the cost is not covered by a patient's insurance company, the patient will be required to pay $150 out-of-pocket. NOTE: most insurance companies are no longer paying for COVID tests if a patient does not have symptoms or if they require a test for travel purposes.
- Testing is NOT available for asymptomatic patients, unless it's for travel purposes.
- Testing for travel purposes REQUIRES an order from a PCP.
- Results from a PCR COVID test will take anywhere from 48 to 72 hours to come back.
COVID-19 Testing - Frequently Asked Questions
If you are symptomatic, you will be seen by a provider and will have a rapid test so your results will be available before you leave. Please note: Results take about a half hour to process so plan on about 2 hours for your registration, test, results processing, and provider visit.
Results from a PCR COVID test will take anywhere from 48 to 72 hours to come back.
Please do NOT call the Urgent Care office to check results. If your results come back positive, we will contact you as soon as we receive your results
We have a walk-in testing for anyone with COVID symptoms open 7 days-a-week at any of our four Urgent Care Locations. You do not need an appointment for testing and can simply walk-in.
Testing for travel purposes REQUIRES an order from a PCP.
We do NOT offer testing if you are asymptomatic unless you have an order from your PCP.
Yes. We offer COVID-19 testing for out-of-state travel requirements. However, testing for travel purposes REQUIRES an order from your PCP.
The PCR test, done by nasal swab. The PCR test detects viral RNA, which will be present in the body before antibodies form or symptoms of the disease are present. PCR tests can tell whether or not someone has the virus very early on.
COVID-19 testing is available as a walk-in service at all four of our Urgent Care locations. See Locations & Hours.
Yes, we do provide testing for children.
Contact your primary care physician to determine if testing is appropriate or you can walk-in to any of our Urgent Care locations. You will see an urgent care provider who will determine if testing is warranted. If you have symptoms, you may receive a rapid test so results will be available to you before leaving urgent care. Please note that rapid test results are NOT available after 7pm.
No we do not offer antibody testing.
Testing for Travel Requirements
COVID-19 testing for out-of-state travel requirements is available on a walk-in basis. A provider visit is not required, but an order from your PCP is REQUIRED for travel testing.
Check out the latest CDC COVID-19 Travel Information for state, local, tribal and territorial government restrictions, as well as travel recommendations by destination, before traveling.
Patients do not need an appointment for testing and can simply walk-in at any of our four urgent care locations.
- Circle Health Urgent Care - Billerica - 978-323-2850
- Circle Health Urgent Care - Dracut - 978-459-2273
- Circle Health Urgent Care - Tewksbury - 978-323-5945
- Circle Health Urgent Care - Westford - 978-323-0302